Seriously?!? How is it November

Guess what y'all? Turns out I totally suck at keeping this blog current.  I could make all kinds of excuses...but that would feel like lying to you.  And I am not gonna lie.  Truth is, I have not felt like writing.  I actually have not felt like doing much.  It has been a really rough semester.  Life, however, goes on and I am gonna share the positive because no one wants to hear about the small battle with depression that has been raging.  Before any of you freak out, I am fine.  No, that is not a platitude.  I really am ok, not wonderful, but totally ok.

So, let's talk positive shall we?  I have a date on Saturday! Did I scare all of you? No, I am not cheating on my husband.  Different kind of date.  Small child and I are going out and about for a girl day.  Anyone who knows small child knows that this is a feat of no small proportion.  Little bit passed up going to the movies with her dance troop to see a movie with me.  So, Saturday will be a double feature with lunch and eyebrow waxing.  Yep, small child is a trooper and those eyebrows will grow wild if we do not curtail them.  The fact that my almost 14-year-old daughter wants to spend time with me is nothing short of a miracle.  Honestly, I think it will be her way of coping with her best friend moving.  But, I will take what I can get and ply her with movie junk food.

My holiday shopping is started.  Not really a positive for me since I am usually finished by this point.  I am taking the small victory.  And I will be posting my holiday wish list this week on here come heck or high water.

Oh...my handsome hubby and I had a staycation over Halloween.  These things can happen when your children are older and more self-sufficient. We only went to Dallas, but it was amazingly rejuvenating.

First, let's talk about the weather.  It was raining and pretty nasty, which seems to be a trend when honey bunches and I try to be adults.  But that is okay because we had a wonderful time.  We stayed at a boutique hotel, The Guild Uptown.  This is not a hotel.  It is an apartment that we got to use overnight complete with a full kitchen.  We decided if we had no kids and pets we would just move in.  Alas, we have children and animals and family near us so that is out.

 



 We debated where to go to dinner, but loving man that he is he decided that I needed Morracan food.  So, off to Medina Oven & Bar we went.  Y'all know I love it there.  And dinner was totally delicious.


Then, it was into an Uber so that we could get to Trees to stand in line in the rain.  If you have never been to Trees, I highly recommend it.  It is a small venue with an amazing staff and you can stand at the bar and still see the stage which was great.

Here is the thing about standing in line.  Sometimes you get to talk to some really interesting people.  Sometimes those people are band members that walk right past you, say hi, and enter their trailer. Yep, totally happened.  And strangely, if you are reading, "Hey, Sebastian!"

And then...concert time.  Head to my Instagram for video.  But, if you are looking for a Canadian fashion rock band then Palaye Royale is for you.  Love the guys! Great show all around.  The opening acts were really good as well.  Alcohol was flowing and no one was driving because Uber is our friend.  Amazing time with an amazing and loving man.


And then it was morning and time to head back to reality and life and kids and work.  But, I can tell you that married people need to remember they are married.  You used to date.  Why did you stop? I made that mistake before.  The husband and I work really hard to remember that we have to work on loving each other.  We come first.  Which apparently is not a popular opinion with other people who have children, but by putting our relationship first we are better people and better parents.  So, go out.  Live a little.  Have a glass of wine together.  Hold hands in public.  Drag each other to concerts and tree lighting ceremonies (Saturday, downtown Ft. Worth).  Make time for your love because love, like plants needs watering or it dies.  So go stand in the rain, we do.

 



Comments

Popular Posts