45

And no, I do not mean the president of the United States.  I would never consciously write anything about our current president.  I shall refrain from all politics on this site.

No, sadly 45 is what I will be this month.  How the holy heck did that happen? I clearly remember walking home from school with Jimmy just last week.  However, the reality of the matter is that that was 1989.  He was amazing and I was an idiot if anyone is wondering.  Y'all, the fact is that in 8 days I will be on the downward slide of my life.  Chances are I will not even make it to 90, so the hill will be all downward in slope.

This one is hitting me much harder than I would like to admit. I know people who freaked out at turning 30.  I was at Disney World for my 30th.  Happiest place on earth.  Had an amazing time.  Watched my eldest girl child pull the sword from the stone. Spent the next day at the beach.  Y'all, times they were good.  Turned 40 with my current husband by my side and we were planning a life together after I very clearly said never again to anyone that would listen.

45 seemed so far away, and now it is here.  And I am not dealing with it well.  And those of you that know me know I hate to admit not handling things.  Because that is what I do.  I handle shit! And now, this is something I can't handle. And why can't I handle it? Because time is life and the only thing that will stop time is death which would suck a big one, so I think I will pass on that.

So, what am I gonna do about it?  Well for starters I bought myself a birthday gift.  That's right, I bought me something.  Something no one can use except for me.  I got...new sunglasses!  Ok, so that might not be the most exciting thing to everyone else, but since I have been in glasses for the last 30 years new sunglasses are a luxury.  Only, they aren't because of Zenni Optical.  Y'all, I got rose gold aviators with mirrored lenses for $30 including shipping.  I love this site.  And thank you so much to the barista at the Starbucks on Bryant Irving Rd who told me about them 4 years ago.  I can have multiple pairs of glasses for less than I use to pay for one crappy pair.  So, woo hoo me!  Think these but in rose with graduated amber lenses.  I am gonna look so cool.



And then, I also bought a ticket to Made for More at the Ridgmar movie theater on August 2nd.
Rachel is the author of several books including Girl Wash Your Face.  I just read it and I found it to be a totally refreshing look at life and a motivation to look at what is and not what you think should be.  So, I will be taking myself to this.  If anyone would like to join me feel free.  I will be in seat G15.

And on my actual birthday, I am going to meet with some girlfriends to have watermelon margaritas and guacamole after work.  Because one good thing about being 45 is that you can legally drink whatever you want to.


Basically, I am trying to deal with everything by being the best me I can be.  Which we all know is not always the easiest thing.  I can annoy the crap out of people.  But, this is who I am.  And at 45 I can embrace that.  Or, I can try to.  Someone get me a watermelon margarita!

Comments

Popular Posts