Rants & Raves!

So y'all, I decided to start a series that would pop up now and then called Rants & Raves! Basically, what will happen is I will tell you about things I have found that or that happened that really pissed me off or made me super happy.  So, here we go!

Let's just get the bad out of the way.  My super rant of the last month has been FedEx! Y'all, I live in the middle of nowhere Texas.  I understand that.  What I do not understand is why the United States Postal Service and UPS can both find my house on the day they promise delivery and FedEx can't.  Over the last month, I have had multiple packages delivered.  I had my FabFitFun box, my Box of Style, my Pink Zebra consultant kit, 2 Pink Zebra orders, and a couple of other things.  All of them came from FedEx.  And every single one of them was late! Why give me a delivery date if you are not actually even going to attempt to deliver my package? Does it bring FedEx some sick pleasure to get me all excited that my stuff will arrive in a timely manner only to snatch that joy away from me?  I have zero control over which company people I order from use to ship their products, but goodness knows that I have a loud mouth and the ability to use it to let everyone know how not happy I am with service.  Y'all...they drove my packages past my house, took them two hours away to Dallas, and then let them sit from Thursday until Monday when the package was supposed to be at my house on Friday.  Then, to add insult to injury they took the package to the Fort Worth post office and made them deliver it.  Seriously?! What the hell? 

My second rant is about continuity of service.  Y'all, you know I love me some shopping.  I would shop for a living if I could.  Anyone out there need me to go shopping for a gift for someone, call me and I am your girl. Hate to go clothes shopping alone? I will be your wing woman.  So, imagine my dismay when I was at Hobby Lobby getting supplies for an upcoming event and they informed me that they did not do an education discount.  Excuse me? You just gave me one for our Harry Potter event in February.  Why suddenly, in June, is this no longer a thing? It is fine if you do not offer an education discount.  As a business, you do not have to.  But, please make sure your employees are all on the same page and do not change the rules from one day to the next.  Did everyone not get a copy of the policy manual.  I can write one for you if you need one.  I have written dozens of them at this point.  Just know your store policy and stick to it.  That is all I ask.

And now, it is time to Rave!! Party time! Wait...wrong rave. 

The good stuff is so good y'all.  First up, is my new toothbrush.  I know, silly thing to get excited about.  But, the Oral B 3D toothbrush is my new best friend.  Really, all of you have been downgraded.  And no, it is not for nasty reasons! Get your head out of the gutter.  Just because the thing vibrates does not mean it is used that way.  Y'all are nasty! No, this toothbrush was gentle enough for my sensitive teeth and gums, but totally left me feeling like I just left the dentist.  Best part, I got mine free from BzzzAgent for an honest review.  And while free is amazing, I liked it so much I bought one for small child to help keep those braces clean.  And you know what happened? Well, no I guess you wouldn't.  Anyhow, she had an appointment with her orthodontist and they raved about how much better she was doing with her brushing and that they were so proud of her.  Y'all, she had that toothbrush for a week and a half and it made so much difference.  Another great thing...It was $5.  That is it! $5 to make me feel clean and keep my baby's teeth healthy.  Get yourself one.


Next up is my Pink Zebra soaks! You can order yours through my website.  I use them all the time.  My favorite right now is stress relief.  I spray it on the underside of my pillow before bed and it totally helps me sleep and relax.  And, it makes a great carpet refresher. Just open a box of baking soda, mix in some PZ soaks, stir well, sprinkle on your carpet, wait 30 minutes, and vacuum.  Cheap and nontoxic!


And my Box of Style! Oh, how I love feeling glamorous! Did I mention that I live in the middle of nowhere? I think I did.  This box gives me all the feels.  This month it was so summery and beachy.  I have worn my new earrings so many times.  I just need a trip to the beach or to someone's pool for the day! I love that the "towel" that is really a giant square blanket can be used for picnics or ball games.  And the tunic bathing suit cover-up is thick enough to wear as a shirt! Totally worth the money and I feel like I am living a life far more stylish than I am. 




Last but not least, I am loving my family right now.  My son did laundry last night without being asked! Eldest daughter got a job and is making a life in Colorado. Small child and I had a great time at The Incredibles 2 together.  And next Friday the family is going to The Modern for an art exhibit.  And they want to go and it is free on Friday! And we had dinner with my parents this week and have been working on a bugger of a puzzle together.  Family time is the best!


So, there it is.  My first Rants & Raves! More good than bad.  But, life should really be more good than bad.  And if yours isn't then find something that brings you joy. 

Comments

Popular Posts