Top 10 Reasons This Post is Late

Hey y'all!  So sorry it has been a bit.  Life totally happened and time slipped away.  So, let me catch you up with my top ten things that have kept me busy in that last couple of weeks.

10. It was the end of the semester.- People who live in the academic world know finals are a nightmare whether you are taking them or helping students survive them.  Thankfully, this year there were only a few panic attacks and no screaming or crying.  Total win all around.

9. Finals meant that my only male child and eldest female child were both finishing a college milestone. -The boy has finally completed his BA in Liberal Studies with a focus in Theatre and Business and the eldest girl has her AA in Teaching.  And neither of them are walking so there will be no screaming their names as they cross the stage.  You know I came up with another way to embarrass them.

8.  There is a party to plan. - Since the children won't let me hoot and holler for them in public we will do it at home.  There will be 18-20 family members and kids who might as well have been born to me at the house this Saturday to celebrate.  Can y'all say coleslaw dogs? I can.  And it is my Momma's coleslaw.  Hello, five more pounds!

7. As if the family stuff was not enough, there was a snafu with a refund from a vendor at work.- Anyone who knows me knows that I am so type A that money in my work accounts will balance to the penny.  I know that I can go over by 10% on a purchase order...but, I am not gonna! Needless to say, the issue was not my fault.  But, I fixed it. 

6. Fall planning.- I plan out classes and activities 6 months in advance if possible.  Because we are doing some cooperative classes with another department (which is amazing!!) I am a bit behind in setting a firm date for things.  This has driven me bonkers.  I also am doing about three times as many classes as I normally do.  Plan, plan, and adjust.

5. Eldest female child's boyfriend is arriving Friday! - This in itself is not a problem.  We like him.  But, this leads to the next issue...which is...

4. The eldest female child is moving!- To Denver! On Sunday! Let that sink in for a minute.  A child that I gave birth to believes that they are able to take complete care of themselves without my financial or emotional support.  No stress there at all.

3.  The small child has chosen this time to try to start growing up. - SERIOUSLY! You can't let me have a minute to adjust? Apparently, the answer to that question is, "No, mom. I am not five." Which is clearly exactly what I needed to hear before she went and cut off six inches of hair and came back looking like the teenage girl she has turned into.

2. Renaissance Faire.- Yep, a final family trip to the Ren Faire before the big move.  It was wonderful and exhausting and the husband and I are in the program.  Because apparently, your photo can be used without permission just because you entered the park.

1. I just could not put anything into words because of the Carmar extreme cut out jeans which apparently are a real thing. 

So, there you have it.  I promise to do better.  Or rather, I promise to try to do better. 

Comments

Popular Posts