I Have How Many Belts and Scarves?

So, as part of the continued purge of things that do not fit or I do not wear or use it was time to tackle belts, scarves, and purses.  UG!! Remind me what I was thinking when I decided that I needed to organize and streamline my life.

Let's start with belts.  Now, people who live with me know I hate belts.  They apply additional pressure on my back and therefore cause major issues with my fibromyalgia.  No one needs that.  But sometimes you just have to wear a darn belt.  So, with the eldest male child's help, I began to tackle the belt issue.  I had about 30 of the darn things.  30! And let me tell you, there is nothing that will tell you exactly how much weight you have gained since you turned 40 like the sight of your oldest child looking at you with pity as you try on belt after belt that will not even touch much less fasten.  I get it, I have put on weight.  But, you know what else I get? I get to eat! I am no longer so worried about staying at 115 pounds that I get to enjoy food and life.  And if that means that 25 out of 30 belts went the way of the Dodo that is fine.  And after stating all of that loudly, my dearest male child looked at me and said, "you know I only own one belt right?"  So, now I am thinking 5 belts is too many.  We will see after a year.

We then moved on to scarves.  Why did I own 32 scarves? I rarely wear scarves.  I like the idea of a scarf, but in actual practicality, they do not normally work for me.  When my hair is short they force it to stick out in the back.  And quite often they itch like crazy.  I am now down to 15 scarves.  Which is still too many.  But, I have like 6 pashminas that I use as wraps when I attend meeting and conferences because the powers that be that regulate the air conditioning do not realize that people do not like the room to be 60 degrees.  I am sure the initial purge on this will dwindle considerably after the first year of this project.



And finally, my beloved purses.  I have 13 after evaluation and clearing.  I realize this is still a large number.  But, no way was I getting rid of perfectly good designer handbags.  I say that, but I had to get rid of some perfectly good designer handbags because they bothered my fibro.  And I had to get rid of two which I loved but were stained beyond cleaning and had a hole in them.  I am left with a lovely collection of Coach, Betsey Johnson, Rachel Zoe, and other miscellaneous bags which make me happy.  And no, I do not feel bad about keeping a large number of bags.  And no, you can't have one.  And no, I will not be purchasing any more. 

So, the only thing left to go through is jewelry. I only own three hats, so no worries there (2 ball caps and one straw hat for summer).  Next weekend, or the weekend after.  I have a busy week ahead and a busy weekend after.  We will see what happens.  I am trying to embrace a more hygge lifestyle so it may interfere with quality relaxing time which is much needed to keep me healthy and sane.  Don't look at me like that, I am totally sane.

Comments

Popular Posts