Another Anniversary, Another Postponed Dinner Because We Have Kids

So...
Last week was my anniversary.  Four years of wedded bliss.  And, I am not joking when I say that it is bliss.  The husband loves me and I am super happy.  I wanted to get that out there so that people do not think something is wrong.  Because I know how people will gossip and speculate.  The husband and I are happy, thank you very much.

Anyhow, our anniversary fell on a Thursday.  You know what else fell on that Thursday? Dance class, a college game night program, and opening night of a play.  And that meant that there would be no celebration.  Heck, I only got to see my husband for an hour in the morning and an hour that night.  Y'all, ain't love grand? 

So, here is how it broke down.  The husband took small child to dance.  Dance is an hour away and lasts an hour and a half.  That is 3.5 hours twice a week every week from September through May.  I had to chaperone the game night because my darling friend in charge of the event is great with child and had an appointment in Fort Worth.  Then oldest female child had to usher for the play opening to fulfill volunteer hour requirements for PTK.  Oldest female child had a ride home all lined up.  Ride home got flaky and bailed which meant I had to stay at work until 9pm.  Home is 45 minutes with no traffic. You get the picture.

However, groceries were bought during the interval between game night and pickup.  And I arrived home to find this:


Aren't they pretty?  He knows me well.  No red roses for me ever! Red roses are the flower of alcoholism and broken promises.  Those of you that know me know why, and I will leave it at that.  he had them delivered to his office because our regular florist was closed due to construction so they couldn't be delivered to mine.  Sweet man.  And the cats loved trying to destroy them.  Fun for all.  

We did get to go to dinner.  We met Friday night at a new(ish) restaraunt down the street from work.  Saltwater was a nice surprise.  We had great service and the food was really good.  The clam chowder is amazing, and my scallops were melt in your mouth goodness.  And listen to the waitress, get a Belini Tini.  

             

And then...then we went home...and we...did laundry! No, that is not a euphemism. We actually did laundry.  Romantic right? Welcome to my life.  The reality of modern romance.  

Now, on to this weeks drama which will include one 5SOS concert and one dance recital.  The fun just keeps coming.  


Comments

Popular Posts