Remember the Purge?

You are not going to believe this.....my black flats that I wear about three times a week just died on me.  It is raining today, and getting out of the car at work I noticed that my right foot was wet.  No big deal, I probably missed seeing a puddle and stepped in it.  Off I went to continue my day.  Several hours later I had a meeting to attend in a different building on campus.  Just barely raining, no deep puddles visible....and my foot is wet. What the heck?!?

I get back to my office and take a good look at my shoe.  There...on the side of my shoe...is a quarter size area where my sole has pulled away from the upper portion of my shoe.  Thus, the annoying wetness that has been part of my life today.

Y'all, I can't go without black flats.  They are a staple in my life.  Even working toward downsizing my wardrobe to a capsule wardrobe, I have to have black flats to go to work. And so, I went shopping, even though I did not want to because I liked my shoes.  Off to TJ Maxx, I went with the oldest female child in tow.  And I got lucky!

Now, I say I got lucky because there were no black flats in my size in sight.  I was highly disappointed initially, and then I rounded the corner to the clearance aisle and found one pair of Michael Kors black flats in my size.

And then not to be outdone by shoes, low and behold there was a Michael Kors bathing suit in my size that actually made me have shape and not feel terrible about myself.  Plus...huge bonus, it was on clearance.  

UPDATE 4/19/2018: These suckers hurt after about 2 hours.  So the hunt continues for flats that I will wear without wanting to cut off my feet!


And before anyone reminds me that I am downsizing my wardrobe, I feel the need to tell you that I went from having 5 bathing suits to one with the purge.  And I need two so that when we travel I am prepared.  There will be no more suits purchased.  And now I hope we all feel better.  I know I do.

Comments

Popular Posts