Makeover Complete!

Thursday of spring break was the day! Not any ones birthday or anniversary or monumental date of importance.  But, it was the day that my sofa would arrive.  To save on a $200 delivery fee; like I was gonna pay that, this is Texas and everyone I know has access to a pick-up truck, we had to go get it. Not a problem.  Except that it was noon before I got the call that it was here and by that time the husband was elbow deep in a lawn mower.  Therefore, I had to wait.  And if you have spent more than five minutes in my presence you will know that patience is not one of my virtues. Eventually though, we got my sectional.  And it was at this point that the husband looked at me and wanted to know what we were doing with the old couch. 

Look Y'all, I bought the furniture...was I really supposed to have a plan to get rid of the old?  Apparently, the answer to that question was yes. Oops! Not a big deal though, posted it on the local buy, sell, trade board and low and behold...it was gone in two hours.  I do not know why anyone doubts my abilities.  I am amazing.  And if I tell myself that enough times, one day I will believe it. 

Old furniture out, new furniture in.  Quick vacuum of everything and just one or two commands of "No Sir" to the dog, and we were in business.  And my living room is just what I wanted. I do have a ladder coming to hang throw blankets on, but it is back ordered.  So, now my haven looks like this:



I have to tell you, I am so thrilled with how it turned out! Every time I walk into my living room now I feel calmer.  The dog learned so quickly that he is not allowed on the furniture.  And I have been reading more and watching less television.  But the best part...the best part is this:


That would be small child on the new couch...next to me...and this happens quite often now...even though that is supposed to be my spot.  I will let her have it.  After all, she picked out the couch.


Comments

Popular Posts